Guided Relaxation Technique
Below is the way one does the Guided Relaxation of the body. Read the script once or twice. Observe what it does to your body, as you go through it. And then close your eyes, and listen to the audio script towards the end, and experience your body and muscles getting relaxed.
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes very softly and very gently.
- Let’s begin with the toes. Wiggle your toes. Now feel them relax.
- Relax your ankles and feet. Feel energy move up from the earth… up your feet to your knees relaxing the legs.
- Relax your thighs. The energy moves up your legs … relaxing them.
- Now, deeply relax your hips … stomach … and waist.
- Relax your back. From the top to the bottom the entire back is relaxed.
- Relax your chest … and shoulders. Feel your shoulders simply melting away…
- Relax your upper arms. Relax each muscle in your forearms … your hands … right up to your fingertips.
- Relax the neck muscles. Move your awareness up to your face. Relax the jaws … mouth … nose … eyes … earlobes … facial muscles … forehead … all the way to the top of your head.
- Feel how your whole body is now completely relaxed.
- Move your attention to your heart. Rest there for a little while. Feel immersed in the love and light in your heart.
- Remain still and quiet, and slowly become absorbed in yourself.
- Remain absorbed for as long as you want, until you feel ready to come out.